- Catalytic conversion of methane to high value products
Yimeng Lyu’s research focuses on the catalytic conversion of methane to high value products. The research is a continuation of the previous study on NiO/CZ catalysts which is capable of a directly converting methane into alcohols under moderate conditions in a single reactor. Recent research reveals that NiO/CZ also catalyzes steam reforming and methane combustion with different pretreatment conditions applied. Current study includes investigation of the effect of nickel morphology on the reactivity; investigation of the mechanism of the reaction and detailed kinetic study of the reaction.
|2016 – present||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|PhD in Chemical Engineering|
|Advisor: Prof. Carsten Sievers|
|2013- 2015||University of Michigan|
|B.Sc. Chemical Engineering|
|2011 – 2016||Shanghai Jiaotong University|
|B.Sc. Computer and Electrical Engineering|
- Okolie, C.; Belhseine, Y. F.; Lyu, Y. M.; Yung, M. M.; Engelhard, M. H.; Kovarik, L.; Stavitski, E.; Sievers, C., Conversion of Methane into Methanol and Ethanol over Nickel Oxide on Ceria-Zirconia Catalysts in a Single Reactor. Angew. Chem.-Int. Edit. 2017, 56 (44), 13876-13881.
- Okolie, C.; Lyu, Y.; Kovarik, L.; Stavitski, E.; Sievers, C., Coupling of Methane to Ethane, Ethylene, and Aromatics over Nickel on Ceria–Zirconia at Low Temperatures. ChemCatChem 2018, 10 (12), 2700-2708.
- Lyu, Y.; Chen, X.; Nwabara, U.; Schwank, J., Reactivity study of CO+NO reaction over Pd/Al2O3 and Pd/CeZrO2 Catalysts. Catal. Today 2018, Accepted.
- Chun Lv, Licai Wang, Juwei Song, Yimeng Lv, “Catalyst for use in preparation of acrylonitrile by performing ammonia oxidation on propylene”, 2012, Publication number: CN102658167 A.